Members will gain an understanding that substance abuse is a learned behavior that can be modified according to the principles of conditioning and learning. The main goals of this intervention include, but are not limited to the following:
- To prevent the occurrences of initial relapse after a commitment to change has been made.
- To prevent any lapse, that does occur, from escalating into a full-blown relapse.
- Assistance with alcohol and/or drug relapse prevention plan.
- Reducing stress and depression through social and professional support and appropriate social interaction's.
- Members will learn to empower themselves and develop control over his/her recovery.
- Engage with professional and positive social support while learning the skills and tools to maintain sobriety.
For more information contact Elke Sweeney, LCSW at (203) 739-0035 ext. 701.